Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 1, Week 4 of NEAT Plan

Day 1 activities:

1. Three 30 minute walks, 20 Core Chargers and 8 Sunrise Stretches (3 points, 2 for all walks and 1 for the NEAT stretches)

2. Name a person whose work you admire. Do some research and answer these questions:

Person's name:
What was their maximum education level?
Who was their principle influencers or mentors en route to success?
What barriers did they overcome to become successful?
What would have you done if faced with those barriers?
How can you apply their lessons to your own life?

 (2 points)

3. Two Fuel Cell breakfast, two Fuel Cell lunch, two Fuel Cell dinner, one Neat Fuel Cell Snack Challenge. (2 points, 1 point for all meals, 1 for snack challenge)

NEAT Snack Challenge:

Identify your favorite snack. Now, go a full week without that snack. Think about what you're snacking on and why. If you can't reach for your go-to snack, you'll have to think about what else you want, which will lead you to figure out what void the snack is filling. Is it purely fuel or is it emotional?

How I did:

Didn't do the stretches and I don't know how much I walked - but I walked through the Raleigh, Chicago and Phoenix airports.

A person I admire is Paul McCartney. He finished secondary school in Liverpool, but did not pursue further formal education. Paul's principle influencers are his father, which played music professionally, Little Richard, Elvis Presley and other American 50s rock and rollers! He overcame a town that had 'lifers', that never left the community, overcame rejection from Beatles demos to Decca and other record companies, and he worked hard, every day, mastering his craft.

If I were to be faced with these barriers, I would try a different approach - go independent, just try to keep being noticed for my craft.

Paul's love of his work and perseverance challenges me to do the same thing.


As far as food today....

I had hot chocolate and chocolate covered pretzels at the Chicago airport for breakfast

Lunch - bread with olive tapanade, chips with guacamole, and fish tacos




and Dinner - black bean and regular hummus


NEAT snack challenge: giving up ice cream/gelato! It'll be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment